Monday, August 9, 2010

Nora Reynolds' artwork



I am very lucky to be an uncle to 10 nephews and nieces. I should spend more time with all of them, but that's another story. Anyway, whenever they come to Uncle Steve's house for a visit, I often bring out the art supplies and get them involved with some sort of fun project. Recently my 12 year-old niece Nora visited and we did collages (4" x 4"). It was interesting to see her go from hesitant (about this novel medium) to actively and enthusiastically involved. After we were finished, I asked her what she wanted to entitled it. She said "I don't know"... but I insisted (because I think it's part of the process). I also think it is a cool title. I think she did a good job--it's just as good as the collages I do (hmm, I guess I'm not as special as I thought I was ;-). We had a great time together and she did a collage on her own when she got home. Cool! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment