Sunday, December 25, 2011

continued serendipity



Whilst I was coating this vintage (and colorized) photo recently, two interesting things happened. Since the photo is hand-colored, when I was brushing the acrylic medium onto the surface, it started to smear the paint (it must be water-soluble). I quickly became much more careful about applying the medium. Here's the other thing... I have to apply the medium to both sides and when I turned the photo over, I noticed how beautiful were the colors and pattern of the ripped paper on the back of the photo. I will consider using the back rather than the photo itself when I use this piece (although I have n immediate plans for it at this point). You just never know what you'l "happen across" with this medium. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment