Sunday, September 8, 2013

My show at The Dev

The Dev is a pub in downtown Utica (NY) which recently re-opened. In year past it was called The Devereaux (located on Devereaux St.) and it was one of my favorite haunts when I was a college and graduate student. They were known for great live music and a hip clientele. They still have great live music and they now also offer great sandwiches and a "featured artist" every month. I was excited when they asked me to show my work there. It was almost like a homecoming for me (although never in a million years when I was getting my Ph.D. in psychobiology did I think that I would be showing my artwork there... or anywhere). The opening reception for the show was last Wednesday at it went very well. I was pleased with how the show was hung and lots of family, friends, colleagues, present and former students and other hipsters showed up. A great time was had by all!



No comments:

Post a Comment