Friday, January 17, 2014

What to do with my monkey?

Well, I was excited to have started the composition with the monkey on the banister and the furnace. I liked it and was looking forward to doing the detail work and putting the images down for the composition. Last night, I ended-up playing around with the monkey image and what emerged was something I like as well. Let me explain a little further. The banister monkey piece that I posted earlier included a photocopied image so that I could see how things looked before making any cuts on the original monkey image (that's why there was less patina on that element. I knew the patina would eventually be close to perfect with the original image). So I had the intact original image still in my studio. Now I'm not sure if I want to go with the furnace composition or with the new composition. The good news (lucky) is that I actually have another, smaller version of the banister monkey (it's a vintage "Brooke's Soap" advertisement). So in a way "it's all good" and I have some creative options. It's certainly better than not having cool images and not having any ideas for compositions. I also have included here another sketch that I did last night.

1 comment: