Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday

It's so discouraging that people make such a big deal out of a commercially-driven shopping day. Consumption, consumption, consumption! If 10% of the people who are in constant consumption mode would turn some of their energy to PRODUCTION, I think the world would be a better place. There SO much unused creative energy in the human race. So of course, I spent my entire day in my work space. It was awesome! I decided that spending some "quality time" in my collage space would be my top priority. I ended-up finishing a piece that I had conceived earlier this week and I created another "from scratch" out of a prepped substrate that I have had hanging around for a while. I will show the finished pieces for now, but I may do another post tomorrow showing some of the intermediates for the flower portrait piece (there's some things worth discussing methinks).



4 comments:

  1. It's NICE to have TIME to create!
    I like your work here = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! Yes, the time needed to get into the flow is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have your priorities right! The first image is an absolute knockout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first piece too - good work!

    ReplyDelete