Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

Yesterday, we celebrated Mother's Day here in the United States (a holiday which became official in 1914 under Woodrow Wilson's Presidency). My mother has been a loving and supportive role model as I have made my journey through life. She's an amazing woman! Although she often claims that she "doesn't understand my art" she regularly comes to my openings to support my creative efforts. She also keeps an eye out for materials for me when she goes to garage and estate sales. In some ways, she understands my artwork quite well I would say. Here's an awesome element that she picked up for me for $1 recently at a garage sale. I'm very excited to see what becomes of this substrate (it's already coated!). I also included a photo of me and my mom when we were in Amsterdam. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment