Tuesday, August 11, 2015

sketches and finished product

I often refer to my collage "sketches" when I post some of the images I share on this blog. Here is a good example of a "sketch" that I worked on a couple of nights ago which I finished by trimming the white around the hands and cutting the edges of the minaret of this image of the Taj Mahal. I placed the flower images slightly behind the minarets to provide more depth cues to the piece. By the way, how long did it take me to do this piece? I had the Taj Mahal image laying around my studio for probably close to a year. I liked the image, but it wasn't really "working" with anything else before I was experimenting with this composition. Also by the way, the piece is 4" x 4" and is as yet, untitled (the photos were taken under different lighting conditions too... with the finished piece taken in daylight).

No comments:

Post a Comment