Monday, August 24, 2015

Two opening receptions

Lately, my focus on this blog has been to post images of pieces on which I am working or completed pieces or some work of others. As a "web log" I have not used it as much recently to document my "comings and goings". This entry does just that (so I can "look back" once in a while and see "where I was at"). This past Thursday, I was able to enjoy a wonderful coincidence (in the true sense of the word). I had two pieces in two different group shows in Syracuse, NY and both venues were having opening receptions. The first venue was The Tech Garden, an IT incubator which has an art gallery style first floor corridor. The show was baseball-themed and curated by my artist friend Steve Nyland. I'm not actually much of a baseball fan; but as I've stated before on this blog, I'm always interested in the challenge of a theme for the creation of a collage. The second exhibit was called "Sum Art" (i.e. for "Summer Art") and was held at the Point of Contact Gallery (affiliated with Syracuse University) and was curated by Miranda Traudt. My good friend and fellow artist (oil painting) Tom Nettle also had a piece accepted in this show. It was really fun going from one opening reception to the other, and then a nice dinner afterward. What a great night!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interesting post. Nice to see the openings were so well attended! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Updates!
    All the best fellow COLLAGIST!

    ReplyDelete